Skip to main content

puppy update

Our lovely little penelope isn't quite as little as when she arrived in our home 4 weeks ago. At 13 weeks she clocks in at about 15 pounds and about 14" tall. She's a bundle of crazy joy and I swear she gets bigger every day. Currently her ears are huge and legs go on for days. A little awkward looking, honestly, but G and I are very excited to see how much more she grows and changes in the coming months. No longer do I get to return to sleep once my husband leaves for work in the dark hours of the early morning. Once he's up, puppy's up. And once puppy's up, I'm up. 

As our family prepared for a blizzard back in New England, we battened down the hatches expecting gale force winds and buckets of rain. The storm washed ashore many pretty treasures for us to find as we combed the beaches. My personal favorite, was a beautiful conch shell, flawless and unbroken, the size of my face.


Pasta and homemade vodka meat sauce
And stormy weather calls for warm, hearty food such as pasta with a homemade vodka sauce. Food is something the two of us love to make and love to eat, and we enjoy doing this together. One of our latest creation was a creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup served over rice. One certainly does not need seconds, but cannot help themselves to take more, knowing that if and when they do they will remain on the couch for quite a while in a post food stupor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year In Review

It's that time of year. The time when I open up this blog and realize that a whole year has passed without a single post!  So, if my toddler naps long enough, perhaps I can bang out a post about what my little family has been up to in the last 12 months. The start of 2019 was rough on the Logans of NJ. Our Oldest son, Theodore, carried a cold with him into the new year. One of those lovely childhood diseases that are all the rage, Rosalea. And when he's sick, he is S I C K.  Along with that there was the matter of the government shutdown which caused us to pinch pennies more than usual so we could afford to pay our bills and buy our groceries. We were not able to buy T any birthday presents because of it, but thankfully our own parents stepped in and threw him a wonderful little party to celebrate turning 2. We experienced what a supportive community we live in, and also got to reconnect with a coast guard friend who was passing through the area. This year Mr. T not only cel

Solitude. Flood. Pain

Do you ever have one of those days, or weeks, or months, where no matter what obstacle is thrown in your way here and there you just push through and continue on your way until all of a sudden you just hit that wall and everything comes crashing down? That is currently where I'm at now. solitude  | ˈsäləˌt(y)o͞od |  noun the   state   or  situation of being  alone :  she savored her few hours of freedom and solitude . •  a lonely or uninhabited place . ORIGIN  Middle English : from  Old French , or from  Latin  solitudo , from  solus  ‘ alone . ’ A couple weeks after moving here and settling into the routine of coastguard life on the island I realized something that made my heart sink.  I was alone, and only one other human being on this island knew my name.  And I realized I was very out of practice in the art of going forth and meeting people, for it had been years upon years that I actually had to do that, and I thought (not for the first time) I'm not

baby brain

So I have some good news, I seem to have found a job. Yes, a job, an actual job, where I leave my house and interact with people while holding sharp objects. I'm excited, I really am. But... Yes, there's a "But", there's a big part of me that doesn't want it. The reason is one that seems to be an unusual one for women my age. I want to be a mom. I've always assumed that someday I'd settle down and do the whole raising a family thing, in that way that I think most everybody does. A couple years ago I was a little surprised to find that when I had a bad day at work (you know, the kind that leaves you miserable,  feeling like you want to cry, and wondering why you even bother) I would come home and usually wind up in my mom's room, snuggled up with her and letting the tears come when they needed. And I would wish that that was my job. To be the one doing the comforting and the loving on. To have the arms whose comforting hold is sought out on