Skip to main content

winds of change

It's always a great day when you start the morning off with vomiting up an empty stomach. Even better when it's out of the blue, into your kitchen sink full of last night's dishes, while your 15 month old looks on in confusion and concern.

I thought I knew what tired was before I got pregnant. I thought I knew what exhaustion was while I was carrying my son. And after he was born I was sure I had become an expert on living a life with little to no sleep. As it turns out I was wrong on all accounts.

Tired is a relative and ever changing term.

Our lives are in another phase of change. After some ups and downs and long, long wait we finally got word that this coming transfer season will bring us a little closer to home. The good ol' USCG will be moving us to yet another vacation destination, Cape May, NJ, where we will only be about 5 hours from family instead of the 12+ that it takes us to get there now.

This news comes with a side of relief, as my current definition of tired is "Chasing around a 15 month old little boy full of energy and curiosity while 18 weeks pregnant with his sibling."

They tell you to rest as much as possible during pregnancy. A cruel joke for one who is in the middle of getting a household together for a move to be made(a whole month before we had originally been told, mind you) and simultaneously entertaining a little one who has found the freedom of movement.

I take heart in knowing I am not the first woman to be crazy enough to combine all these life events into one. Thank goodness for this beautiful community of crazy military wives who have done all of this and more, time and time again. Successfully. And soon, I too shall join their ranks.

But first, perhaps a nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year In Review

It's that time of year. The time when I open up this blog and realize that a whole year has passed without a single post!  So, if my toddler naps long enough, perhaps I can bang out a post about what my little family has been up to in the last 12 months. The start of 2019 was rough on the Logans of NJ. Our Oldest son, Theodore, carried a cold with him into the new year. One of those lovely childhood diseases that are all the rage, Rosalea. And when he's sick, he is S I C K.  Along with that there was the matter of the government shutdown which caused us to pinch pennies more than usual so we could afford to pay our bills and buy our groceries. We were not able to buy T any birthday presents because of it, but thankfully our own parents stepped in and threw him a wonderful little party to celebrate turning 2. We experienced what a supportive community we live in, and also got to reconnect with a coast guard friend who was passing through the area. This year Mr. T not only cel

Solitude. Flood. Pain

Do you ever have one of those days, or weeks, or months, where no matter what obstacle is thrown in your way here and there you just push through and continue on your way until all of a sudden you just hit that wall and everything comes crashing down? That is currently where I'm at now. solitude  | ˈsäləˌt(y)o͞od |  noun the   state   or  situation of being  alone :  she savored her few hours of freedom and solitude . •  a lonely or uninhabited place . ORIGIN  Middle English : from  Old French , or from  Latin  solitudo , from  solus  ‘ alone . ’ A couple weeks after moving here and settling into the routine of coastguard life on the island I realized something that made my heart sink.  I was alone, and only one other human being on this island knew my name.  And I realized I was very out of practice in the art of going forth and meeting people, for it had been years upon years that I actually had to do that, and I thought (not for the first time) I'm not

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Here we are again. Another new year. Between now and my last post my husband and I have been busy bees getting our house cleaned and ready for Christmas time and both of our families visiting. You may think that it wouldn't be that difficult to keep your house clean when there is no furniture to let things pile up on, but we found quite the opposite to be true. No furniture means nowhere to actually put any belongs(such as the boxes on boxes of clothes we had). Eventually everything was contained enough that when our family, arrived baring gifts of couches and chairs and tables found on good ol' Craig's list, we were good to go! We were so ready to finally have our house filled with cushioned things to rest our weary bones, and maybe those of the friends we are making, but we didn't anticipate something else that would unexpectedly be filling our home and hearts as well as drawing in our new friends. December 21st.  Our families pack a huge penske truck with